Holy Batman! All the villains from Arkham Asylum have escaped and it’s up to Batman and Robin to stop them!! Play as Batman and his sidekick Robin as you build, drive, swing and fight your way through Gotham City. Then, jump into the story from the other side and play as Batman’s foes! There is no rest for the good (or evil!!).LEGO Batman: The Videogame for Nintendo DS is the latest video game release from the award-winning team behind the LEGO Star Wars series. With famous LEGO fun and charm, the game takes you into the world of Gotham City’s ultimate crime-fighting hero. Here the one-and-only Caped Crusader comes to life in a completely original storyline that draws its frame of reference from everything from everything Batman from the classic DC comics to cartoons, the TV series, and the current blockbuster movie franchise.
Become the Dark Knight
In the game players will take control of the Dynamic Duo, Batman and Robin, to fight Gotham’s City’s most notorious criminals including The Joker, The Penguin, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Killer Croc and many more. These criminals have broken out of Arkham Asylum and are determined to wreak havoc on Gotham. As a twist on this players will also be able to explore their wicked side and fight their way through the game as the villains, experiencing the game from a completely different point of view with all-new criminal objectives. And in a nod to Batman’s famous penchant for gadgets, the game comes loaded with a collection of high-tech suits, gadgets and cutting-edge vehicles. With these players will be able to step into the unique LEGO Batman universe to bring super villains to justice – or as the villains, to run amok in Gotham City. The choice is yours.
LEGO Batman: The Videogame allows players to move through the game in Story Mode from both the hero and villain sides, as well as replay any level in Freeplay Mode with any characters you’ve unlocked. Along the way you can also access previously hidden areas to find additional rewards and bonus content and collect LEGO studs and special LEGO bricks throughout the game which will unlock tons of extra content including special power-ups and bonus levels.
Key Game Features:
- Fight for justice as Batman and Robin or create chaos as The Joker, Catwoman and other villains, as you save or destroy Gotham City.
- Rocket through sewers and bound across rooftops as you take the fight to the criminals across classic locations in Gotham City.
- Fight on land, sea and in the air using a number of powerful Batman, Robin and villain-controlled vehicles, including the rocket-powered Batmobile, sleek Batboat and stealthy Batwing.
- Enhance the abilities of the Dynamic Duo with all new power suits, including the Magnetic Suit.
- Enjoy numerous game modes and levels.
- The Nintendo DS version will offer touch screen interaction, and two-player co-op using the DS local wireless network capability.
- Play as Batman, Robin or more than 12 dastardly villains, all in their quirky LEGO form
- Master special superhero power-suits and the new moves that come with them, while building and using gadgets and weapons unique for each of the characters
- Build and take control of favorite vehicles like the LEGO Batmobile, LEGO Batboat and LEGO Batwing
- Customize your characters, build and transform the game environment, and challenge yourself with multi-layered collectibles and rewards
3 thoughts on “Lego Batman”
Here we go again… The Lego series of games have struck yet again, only this time around they’ve joined up with none other than the Batman license. Lego Batman for the DS is undoubtedly the best Lego-based video game to hit the DS yet, as you play as The Dark Knight himself along with his trusty sidekick Robin in tow, and take on some familiar faces from Batman’s classic rogues gallery. If you’ve played any of the other Lego videogames, you’ll feel right at home here, and as you’d come to expect, there are hordes of unlockables and bonuses to find that will keep your interest. The only downsides of Lego Batman are the same flaws that plagued the previous Lego-based games: the game itself is short and quite easy to get through, and gameplay-wise nothing has changed from previous outings. Still, Lego Batman looks good with larger environments, and Danny Elfman’s classic Batman film score is put to good use as well. Plus, with all the unlockables, you’ll be busy for a while. All in all, if you dug the previous Lego games, Lego Batman is definitely right up your alley.
Insanely fun game… with original Danny Elfman music! This game is beautiful. Being a huge Batman fan, I had to buy it. I wasn’t expecting it to be terrible, but I wasn’t expecting it to be mind-blowing either, especially for the Nintendo DS. But it is quite, quite amazing. The graphics are decent, but the thing that really gets my nostalgia wheels turning is the soundtrack from the ’89 Batman and Batman Returns by Danny Elfman! I am blown away by the fact that they used this music. I thought that they would just slap some synthesized Nintendo music on it, or some weird dark and brooding stuff that was made at the last second. The music by Elfman really captures the mood of the game and makes you feel like a kid again. It reminds me of the amazing Batman: TAS from the 90’s. I get in the same mindset I did when I watch that TV show and it’s highly recommended for anyone who calls themselves a Batman fan or just an appreciator of a fun game that kills time. It’s a blast.
review DUDE. This is a must buy. Not Kidding. Being a LEGO fan, a bought it. The graphics are amazing. you get to do so much more than LEGO Indiana Jones and LEgo Star wars. But, it should be a little more challanging. Overall, this is one of the best games ever.